6th Grade Camp Hanes

Camp Hanes 2022  

School trips are always exciting. I flicked my eyes open at 7:00 and rushed to school. I arrived at 7:50 to the excited murmurs of the other 6th graders. I found my friends and showed them the inside of my backpack,

“Look at this eight pack of Reese’s cup’s!” I squealed. I felt someone tugging at my hand pulling me into the bus with my advisory. As I sat down, I pulled out my book and started reading. Glancing down at my watch I realized we were almost at Camp Hanes! I looked out the windows and saw grassy fields and windy roads. We finally made it to Camp Hanes! I hopped off the bus and dumped my bag in the gym. Then the camp counselors led us to another room to talk about rules. I could tell the other students were buzzing with excitement while cabins were to be determined by Ms. Stanbury.

It was finally time for activities!  After lunch the counselors led us to the airnasium and split the grade into groups. Each group was assigned a counselor for an activity. Sarah was the counselor for Canoeing. I hopped on a boat with Mila and Emily and started paddling. By the end of the hour, my arms were burning. Sarah led us to the airnasium again and my group waited for the next activity. A counselor named Dem walked with us to the archery course. After shooting a few times, everyone went to play Gaga ball except for me and a few kids. Soon, the hour was over! Now it was time for Rock climbing. I waited for my turn to climb the wall, my hands getting sweaty while looking up. I slipped on a harness and started climbing. I was almost at the top but my hand grabbed a loose rock! I was defending down to the ground bumping the wall a few times. Our counselor for rock climbing Kayla, led us to eat dinner. The day flew by so fast! 

Overall, I really enjoyed the trip! I would definitely go back to Camp Hanes. I was very proud of myself for continuing to try to conquer the rock climbing wall till I got it! Thank you to all the teachers for making this trip happen!