Siona’s Backpack

This summer I read a book called Finding Someplace. It is about a girl named Reesie who’s home town is affected by Hurricane Katrina. She realizes how bad the situation is when she remembers her elderly neighbor, Ms. M was supposed to give her a cake so she planned to go to her house. But before she did that, she filled her bag with all the important items in her home and set off to her neighbor’s house. Reesie must pack wisely with only one bag and a house full of memories.

Packing your whole house in a backpack must be hard but, Reesie did it! I am packing a water purifier to have an endless supply of water instead of a water bottle, which will not be refillable unless you would like to drink dirty water! Then, I would pack Cup O Noodles for a filling snack along with a Zbar, Goldfish, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Before I pack that I need a portable microwave to make my noodles! Next, I would pack a pillow so I have somewhere to rest while on lockdown. I do have a dog, hamster, and bunny so I would pack their food as well. Since there is a big flood, I would also pack a life jacket and a whistle. I would pack the Hunger Games book so I could have entertainment. I know everyone would bring their phone to call for help (and for watching TV) along with a portable charger. I am also bringing all important papers like birth certificates, passports. Lastly I would bring a credit card so I can buy items along the way. What would you do in this situation?

One thought on “Siona’s Backpack