Museum of Natural Sciences Field Trip

(This image is the RACE exhibit) Image by: DA teacher

On Friday January 26, my grade and I left school and jumped on a bus to go on a field trip! We went to the Museum of Natural Sciences. On this trip we saw many exhibits and wrote on our reflection sheets. My favorite exhibit was the RACE exhibit. 

At the RACE exhibit we learned about how race is not actually a thing and humans just created it to have more power. This exhibit also connects with a Social Studies unit we learned earlier in the year. The unit was about The Journey of Man, and it included how the color of people’s skin is determined with how much melanin people have.  I really enjoyed being at this exhibit/field trip because it brought a lot of perspective into my thinking.

2 thoughts on “Museum of Natural Sciences Field Trip

1. I like how you realized that there was a connection between the RACE exhibit and some of the things that we did in Social Studies this year.

2. Siona,

I love that you made these two connections on the field trip:

“…humans just created it to have more power. This exhibit also connects with a Social Studies unit we learned earlier in the year. The unit was about The Journey of Man, and it included how the color of people’s skin is determined with how much melanin people have”

It was indeed fun to get some off campus learning experiences. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

~Mr. Harris